Our client is one of the world's leading asset managers.
The core purpose of the role is to manage the UK Group Balance Sheet particularly with regards to cash and treasury management and regulatory capital. Ensuring Cash is managed in line with Group policies and maintaining banking relationships.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produce monthly capital requirements forecast
- Flag when capital at risk of being breached and propose remedial action required in good time
- Responsible for ensuring all UK balance sheet accounts have been reconciled
- Undertake reconciliation for the suspense account
- Understand drivers of cash income and outflows
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual cash flow forecasts
- Monitor timing of cash movements and placing of deposits as required
- Monitor timing of cash movements to repay loans as required
- Liaising with Accounts Payable and agreeing on how much can be paid out on the weekly payment runs
- Manage cash to ensure counterparty limits are adhered to and flag when counterparty limits will be in breach
- Monitor intercompany balances
- Monitoring of foreign currency positions and risks
- Buying and Selling of currencies in line with group policies
- Liaise with group treasury on fx risk hedging strategy
- Discharging of fx risk hedging requirements for UK Group
- Reconcile cash book to bank statements and GL on a daily basis, investigate any differences and liaise with banks.
- Summary actual cash positions spread sheet to be maintained.
- Post daily payments and receipts as required
- Ensure loans, interest, accruals are calculated on a monthly basis in line with policies
Client Money accounts
- Reconciliation of Client Money accounts on daily basis and agreement to client money requirements listing.
- To be in close contact with Dublin administrators to ensure client monies are moved in and out on timely basis from the account.
- Booking of interest and charges for bank accounts. With regards to Client Money accounts on receipt of interest statement, prepare distribution spreadsheet and send to UT dealers for their approval, and make necessary payments.
- Report relevant information to the Group Treasury team in line with group reporting requirements
- Cash-flow and capital forecasts
- Continually drive process improvement regarding all aspects of the Treasury function
- Maintain good working relationships within the group, banking counterparties and other financial institutions
- Open and close bank accounts as required
- Liaise with Auditors
- Cover accounts receivable
- Maintain banking relationships
- Advanced Excel skills
- At least 5 years treasury experience
- Good accounting knowledge preferably training or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Assertive and confident
- Detail orientated
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
- Work under pressure
- Conscientious, strong organisational skills
25 days’ holiday
Money Purchase Pension Scheme
Life Assurance (4 x salary)
Group Income Protection (GIP) Cover
Private health cover
Season ticket loan