Part of a Global group, the wealth management division offers wealth management and investment services to private individuals, charities, trusts, international clients and financial advisers. A small but growing and dynamic Financial Planning team in Guildford, working alongside Investment Managers and a discretionary desk, dealing with a broad range of clients.
The role of Trainee Financial Planner will be to learn and develop the skill set and experience of a Financial Planner; to become fully qualified and competent in order to contribute towards the success of Financial Planning.
- Support Financial Planner as required, including preparation for client meetings, suitability reports and client correspondence.
- Attend a variety of client meetings
- Attend internal meetings and training
- Attend networking events to enhance relationships and knowledge
- Develop relationships with Investment Managers and existing clients over 2 to 3 years
- Visit other Financial Planners to gain a better understanding of different work practices
- Exam progress to Chartered status within 2 to 3 years
- Maintain own CPD and technical excellence
- Build on current knowledge of the market, including products and services
- Attend soft skills training where appropriate
- Exposure to a Financial Planning environment and commitment to work towards Chartered status
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and aptitude to build credible relationships at all levels
- An understanding of compliance requirements and how this impacts the role
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Able to manage time and prioritise effectively
- Must be self-motivated
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Strong client focus
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with different personality types
- Supportive of colleagues
- Quick learner
The Business has over 12 offices across the UK, services offered include:
* Discretionary and advisory investment management
* Fully comprehensive financial planning capability
* UK and international multi-currency investment portfolios
* Tax, pension, ISA, estate and succession planning
* Onshore and offshore capabilities
In the UK, they are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).