The Tax R& D Role sits in the Tax Product Group within the broader EMEA C&IS Product Team within C&IS. The Tax Product/Research & Development team are responsible for providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to business units and clients in respect of withholding and transactional taxes, and apply that knowledge to provide a competitive Tax Product offering. The Tax R&D Team are also responsible for undertaking tax analysis, including the interpretation and analysis of tax regulatory and market change; maintaining up to date tax information in respect to the aforementioned taxes, while also providing technical guidance, support and direction on tax matters, to the bank and its clients.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the responsibilities of the role include:
- Review, interpret and disseminate information to business units and clients in relation to relevant tax market changes regarding various transaction tax/withholding tax regimes, across the Custody and Funds business.
- Consult with business units on development of new and enhanced products and tax related service.
- Identify potential tax risk and develop solutions, policies and procedures that mitigate such risk.
- Review and maintain the tax product offering to custody and fund clients.
- Review, interpret and disseminate information to the business and clients regarding current and proposed tax laws and regulations with particular focus on withholding and transactional tax matters.
Key Attributes/ Requirements
- Presents a strong 'can do' attitude
- Exceptional self-starting skills, attention to detail and an ability to manage simultaneous activities through to resolution
- Strong Relationship Management skills needed to partner with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Operate independently; displaying in-depth knowledge of business unit and function, and strong tax-technical skill-set to an internal and external audience.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, and inputs into client/external communications, bulletins and newsletters, as required.
- Ability to partner with others to deliver solutions to the benefit of individual clients and the wider client base.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of international tax types and other legal and recognised entity structures from a tax technical viewpoint.
- Is able to undertake tax research for new, existing or changing tax regulations; and is able to identify gaps or areas of contention; and present a clear and concise Tax position to management and other interested parties.