We're working with a well-known financial services business in Central London to source a Tax Associate for their team. The Tax Associate will come from a strong corporate tax background, have a commercial mindset, strong communication skills and have soem exposure to transfer pricing. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to make a first move in house.
- Assist in the structuring of new business ventures ensuring that tax matters are identified and considered in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Liaise with external advisors in order to obtain specialist UK and non-UK tax advice as necessary;
- Assist with transfer pricing issues across the group including the preparation of transfer pricing documentation and reviewing transfer pricing calculations prepared by the finance team;
- Assist with employer compliance matters liaising with external advisors, HR and finance teams;
- In conjunction with the firms external advisers, ensure that the UK based entities comply with their tax reporting and compliance obligations;
- Provide assistance to the overseas offices to ensure that they comply with their local tax reporting obligations;
- Review draft tax computations prepared by external advisors for accuracy and completeness;
- Assist with the calculation of interim tax payments and liaise with the Finance function to ensure payments are made on time; and
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that all tax audit matters are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with audit deadlines.
- ACA, CTA, ACCA qualified or equivalent experience;
- Corporation tax or transfer pricing background;
- Financial services experience nice to have but open to other sectors;
- Strong academics;
- Good written and spoken communication skills;
- Good understanding of UK taxation;
- Microsoft Excel skills;
- An ambitious individual who is eager to progress within their career.