Our client is an independent insurance broker, providing bespoke solutions and risk advisory services for M&A risks. Their team of experienced professionals has an established track record in supporting buyouts, advising financial sponsors and strategic acquirers.
Due to an increased demand for tax liability insurance products they now require a Senior VP, M&A Tax Specialist with proven experience working in the private equity/Real estate transactions space.
Background to Tax Insurance:
Tax insurance is part of a wider set of specialist M&A insurance products. These policies are used to support M&A transactions or liquidation of private equity / real estate fund structures. Insurance is commonly used on private equity deals to replace a seller indemnity in response to an identified tax issue.
Background to the role:
We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced Senior Vice President, M&A tax specialist to lead the tax expertise in our team. The successful candidate would be required to manage clients' insurance needs to develop the business and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service. This will primarily be achieved via the following tasks:
- Reviewing tax documents (including tax due diligence reports, memos, tax deeds etc);
- Discussing insurability of risks with clients, including asking the right questions to elicit all required information and advising clients on any further diligence that needs to be undertaken in relation to the risk;
- Approaching the insurance market with submissions on tax risks. This will involve summarizing the risk and presenting it to insurers in an accessible manner, as well as clearly articulating the coverage required by the client;
- Discussing the selection of an insurer with clients;
- Negotiating and placing tax policies;
- Providing tax support and advice to non-tax members of the team in the course of M&A transactions.
- Qualifed US Tax accountant or Lawyer
- Background advising in private equity or real estate transactions in North America
- Confident communicator with an ability to work to deadlines