Our Client is a Top 20 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. They support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, giving their clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Their fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin their values.
Due to business expansion they now require a Senior Tax Manager or possibly an Associate Partner to join their busy Slough office. The role also requires the successful candidate to spend one day per week in their Finchley office.
The role will provide Tax consulting services on a range of personal or corporate tax issues.
- Provide consultancy work to medium sized owner managed businesses
- T/O range £2m to £50m
- Several clients with reasonable wealth/planning needs
- Some speciality areas
The post holder will need to:
- Respond and seek out answers (reference sources – tax specific and more general). Translation into planning ideas/options
- Interact with partners and fellow staff in a technical capacity
- Maximise the amount of your time we can charge to clients (and thereby minimising losses on jobs).
- Gain new work from existing or new clients.
Typical Technical Skills:
- Personal tax principles and range (investment interests, overseas, trust income)
- Corporation and business tax basics, including PAYE/P11D and similar compliance processes
- Trust tax basics, annual returns, capital v revenue, tainting, 10 year charge
- Overview on IHT impact/planning for business owners and owners of property
- Family partnerships/LLP’s
- Loss relief
Our client is looking for candidates with either an ACA/ACCA or CTA qualification (or equivalent experience) and must be CPD compliant.