Working in the Dubai International and M&A tax team providing tax advice in connection with predominately Middle Eastern M&A transactions and any other regional inbound/outbound cross border tax advisory services. The role would involve a high level of interaction with other regional and international firm teams.
- Providing tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modelling advice on a wide range of transactions/projects;
- Coordinating with overseas tax teams and other service lines to obtain relevant local tax advice and critically reviewing the advice in preparation for delivery to clients;
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas of risks and opportunities from a tax perspective;
- Undertake business development activity;
- Writing high quality reports and documentation in respect of review;
- Taking a proactive responsibility in the team's performance and issues;
- Leading and coaching juniors by giving regular feedback and completing timely performance reviews;
- Contributing to the fast development of the M&A team.
- Previous M&A experience gained within professional services;
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness;
- Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects with minimum supervision and to complete work within required deadlines;
- Ability to be proactive, identify opportunities and to take responsibility;
- Apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal processes controls, procedures, and policies;
- Prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments;
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills;
- Availability to travel within the GCC;
- ACA, CA, CTA qualified or equivalent experience.