This role will require from you:
- The provision of financial information for external reporting is timely, accurate and compliant with IFRS
- The high quality consolidation and reporting of the Group financial results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- The regional finance teams are provided with high quality financial accounting and reporting support on all aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
- The business is provided with sound and clear technical accounting guidance (including written technical accounting papers) on any matter arising including; Accounting for global commercial arrangements, the impact of changes to IFRS standards on the Group and accounting for M&A deals.
- The Group Financial Accounting Policies are maintained and updated to reflect the accounting and reporting requirements across the Globe.
- The Group financial accounting and reporting team deliver technical training to improve the compliance with financial and reporting policies across the Globe.
- The quarterly and annual external audit cycle is delivered to a high quality and on a timely basis.
Financial Accounting & Reporting (60%)
- Support the preparation and review of all monthly Actuals reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet) is compliant with IFRS and Group accounting policies.
- Support the preparation and review of accurate and timely consolidated financial accounts to the Parent Finance team.
- Support the development of new reporting formats and analytical tools with the Group consolidation system team, to drive improved compliance and efficiency.
- Support the review of new IFRS requirements and/or regulatory issues and recommend how the business should prepare to meet them.
- Support the development of the Group accounting policies, ensuring they evolve with the business and driving adherence globally.
- Ensure the consolidated statutory accounts are completed and filed on time.
- Support the roll out of a robust Financial Accounting and Reporting control environment that adheres to the Group policies and embeds best practice across the business.
Technical Advice (15%)
- Provide best in class technical accounting advice to the business through written technical accounting papers.
- Support the identification and mitigation of accounting risks across the Group
- Support ad hoc analysis as required by the Global teams, including the Exec, Treasury, Tax, M&A, IT, Internal Audit, Legal and HR.
External Audit (15%)
- Support the group audit process, working with the external audit team, are provided with high quality information, ensuring the audit is completed on time and with ever-reducing number of audit differences.
- Support the completion of the local statutory accounts in your designated region, ensuring they are filed on time and they can be reconciled to the group consolidation system (BPC).
Finance team development (10%)
- Be an active part of the Group Finance team, support the development of a professional, high performing function.
- Coach and develop junior financial accounting and reporting team members in London
What they are looking for:
- Qualified accountant with experience of a global Financial Accounting and Reporting experience in a fast paced, ambitious and multinational environment within a FTSE100-sized company
- Proven experience of technical accounting, with proven capability to communicate financial accounting requirements to stakeholders
- Strong communication, influencing, collaboration and relationship building skills across global cultures
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Desire to drive improvements in the end-to-end financial accounting and reporting process
- Experience of acquisitions accounting is an advantage.
- Other languages an advantage
If you think you are up to the challenge please do apply and I will get back to you in due course. This role is a commercial technical accounting role and will be a great position for anyone looking to succeed and progress in this field.