A leading UK Investment & Wealth Management company are looking for a Research Assistant within one of their teams.
The Research team's primary role is to help shape the firm's high level investment strategy and asset allocation. Additional roles include marketing (newsletters, external and internal presentations, media work) and maintenance of systems.
Assisting the Research team in the day-to-day functioning of the desk with a particular focus on the Collectives team and providing cover and support for the other Research Assistants. Includes compiling documents, publication, categorisation/classification, answering requests for Research and when necessary, basic PA functions.
- Supporting the Collectives team with maintaining databases, undertaking classifications, managing diaries and answering ad-hoc queries from Investment Managers
- General team support work including compiling Morning Meeting Minutes, running excel macros, formatting Word Documents and liaising with Investment Managers over significant deal flow
- Constructing the daily Post List - finding relevant broker research, saving and uploading into FactSet and circulating to Investment Managers
- Responding to non-Collectives ad-hoc Research queries from Investment Managers, such as looking for broker research and helping with classification/pricing
- Compiling the monthly Investment Handbook
- Helping prepare documents for Internal Meetings
- Taking meeting minutes and ensuring they are written up in a timely fashion
- Significant scope for project orientated value additive work. PA assistance for the senior team members where necessary
Skills and knowledge:
- Good basic knowledge of Collectives required
- A very good working knowledge of Word and Excel essential
- Familiarity with Power Point, Pulse, FactSet and Fiscal an advantage
- Familiarity with suitability system an advantage
You will have experience in an investment environment