Our client is a FTSE 250 listed property group, growing quickly and hence looking to expand their finance offering. This role sits within the company's largest division where you will report to the Regional Managing Director.
Purpose of the role:
- To be a critical business partner to regional management teams, providing an excellent accounting and reporting service to the stakeholders.
- To provide insight into regional performance and challenge to ensure corporate objectives achieved.
- To liaise with other senior accounting personnel to ensure consistent accounting policies and principles are being applied and the Company adheres to best accounting practices and current legislation.
- Commercial analysis of key financial data to influence regional decision making.
- Provision of timely and accurate information in line with Group timetable.
- Assisting the regional Managing Director and Divisional Finance Director in the preparation and submission of the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Responsible for monthly management accounts process, including variance analysis, reporting and reconciliations.
- Responsible for production of monthly board meeting packs.
- Responsible for short term cashflow reporting.
- Attendance and active role in monthly board meetings and other regional management meetings.
- Commercial finance support to heads of departments.
- Assisting Directors in making staff aware of the financial implications of their actions.
- Participation in the development of new/improved systems and controls.
- Supervision and support for subordinates to ensure objectives of employee and Company are achieved.
- Responsible for preparation of year end statutory accounts packs.
- Key interface with the external audit team.
Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified accountant with suitable PQE experience operating at a senior level.
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes.
- An effective business partner with exceptional financial analysis skills and technical accounting experience.
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals.
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to express financial results articulately at multiple levels up to Board level.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel at an advanced level.