As a senior manager, you would manage the existing project management and paraplanning team within the award-winning employee benefits division.
Your Internal clients would be our employee benefits advisors. You would be responsible for helping your team to scope out their client's projects, price them, deliver, and implement them as agreed. You would share your extensive knowledge and skillset with your team, to build best practice and confidence.
External clients are typically HR departments within companies, which are typically 100 to 500 but can be as large as 6,000 employees. We typically deliver and implement, pension schemes including, but not limited to; salary sacrifice, pension scheme switches, implementing new schemes, auto-enrolment and financial and wellbeing projects.
You would also be responsible for developing and delivering improvements to the business proposition, as directed by the employee benefits board.
This role is essential in making sure our client projects are commercial and profitable and delivered on time and exceeding expectations whenever possible.
You would be responsible for:
- The design and delivery of new services within our proposition, as directed by the EB board.
- Assisting the Project Managers to price, plan, implement and deliver client projects to agreed time scales and parameters.
- Reviewing, refining and collaboration on processes and procedures that the team uses, instilling best practice always.
- Continuing to develop specialist pension and employee benefits knowledge.
- Leading, coaching and developing the existing team to achieve departmental targets.
- Overseeing the workflow, quality of delivery of projects and report to the Head of EB Operations.
- Manage existing relationships with third parties including, product and pension providers to improve levels of service and working relationships.
- Contributing to the overall business to drive growth and development.
- Understanding and developing the advice process and regulatory requirements and ensure these are reflected in the team's work.
- Participating in ongoing company and departmental training and development initiatives.
- To continually meet the regulators fit & proper requirements.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven project management skills and experience.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to influence at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solutions orientated.
- Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality are key attributes.
- Hard working and responsive to the need to deliver a high-quality service.
- Strong attention to detail and very high standards of work.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional project management experience, within the financial advisory sector, pensions, employee benefits or working with HR departments.
- Experience of working with Prince II, Agile methodologies, or similar.
- Experience of delivering to external clients.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional client experience
- Proven experience of managing and leading a team.
- Solutions oriented - able to identify and implement solutions.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation skills.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Diploma in Employee Benefits, Retirement Planning, Financial Planning or APMI.
- Project Management software experience
- Existing relationships with product providers.
- Knowledge of employee benefits, pensions and, salary sacrifice and automatic enrolment
- Previous experience implementing pension schemes and employee benefits.