The main purpose of the Paraplanner is to effectively support the Private Client Partners and Consultants in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products and services.
- Draft financial planning reports and letters on specific planning areas, providing recommendations based on our knowledge of the client
- Draft and co-ordinate technical documents and research for client presentation
- Work closely with Partners and Consultants in each location (as appropriate) to ensure individual cases are completed accurately and in a timely manner, in accordance with clients' stated needs, goals and objectives
- Support Partners and Consultants for any required technical client work (investigative)
- Identify any missed sales opportunities on cases undertaken.
- Educated to at least A Level/Higher standard (or equivalent)
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning.
Proven experience of providing a first class paraplanning service, ideally in an independent financial planning company
Full understanding of the administrative procedures relating to the different categories of business and ensure they conform to regulatory & best practice standards
All practices and disciplines including Investments, Pensions and Financial Planning
Available products and services in all relevant areas of personal financial planning
Anti-Money Laundering, including how to identify suspicious transactions/activities and how to report
Current and future financial legislation and regulation and their developments.
- Analytical and numerical ability - able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate data
- Ability to provide recommendations based on key client information, in line with their stated needs, objectives, risk profile and market trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Use of Intelligent Office, Voyant, Exchange, and Financial Express Analytics, together with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.