A qualified and experienced Paraplanner, based within the Private Wealth Team in Addlestone.
You will support four Partners in the practice. The team consists of five Client Experience Executives (who deal with the administration and are the primary contact for the Partners' clients) and three Paraplanners. The Private Wealth Team deal with High Net Worth (HNW) clients who specifically require wealth management, estate planning and other financial planning (such as business or personal protection).
The average client has at least £500k to invest and so the successful candidate will be required to write bespoke reports that are specifically tailored to the client's requirements. A high attention to detail, thinking outside the box, a 'personal touch' and being able to deal with more complex investment solutions are therefore a prerequisite.
In addition, you will support Partners in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products in line with the company's advice process and compliance framework and writing detailed strategy and recommendation reports resulting in specific recommendations.
Liaising with product providers when necessary, dealing directly with the Partners' clients and keeping abreast of new products and developments.
- To have a thorough understanding of the advice process, Strategy and Suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- To understand each client's circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate. If not then an ability to challenge the adviser concerned to better understand why the recommendation is being proposed.
- Prepare analysis of client's existing portfolio / holdings.
- Conducting research and produce client facing Strategy Reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Dealing with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process).
- To deliver a personalized and high quality service to Partners.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues, Compliance and Bankhall to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Provide regular updates to the Partners.
- Develop working relationships with product providers.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other Paraplanners to share ideas and best practice, including assisting the Practice Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
Expierence / Qualification:
- Minimum level 4 qualified.
- Experience of working as a Paraplanner within an IFA environment with a good knowledge of all retail investment products.
- Track record supporting Partners with high quality research on range of financial planning products solutions in line with compliance framework.
- Experience writing detailed strategy and recommendation reports.
- A strong working knowledge of pre and post retirement planning (including pension transfers), investments and taxation
- Understanding of industry initiatives including TCF, MIFID II and GDPR.
- Comfortable working in an environment where outputs are monitored and targets set.
- Ability to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements.
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, prioritising and decision making skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player but must be able to work independently and use own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook