A qualified and experienced Paraplanner, based within the Private Wealth Team in Sheffield.
He/she will support two Partners in the Sheffield practice. The team consists of a Practice Manager, a Senior Paraplanner and two Private Wealth Senior Administrators (who deal with administration and are the primary contact for the Partners' clients). We deal with High Net Worth (HNW) clients who specifically require wealth management, estate planning and other financial planning (such as business or personal protection).
The successful candidate will be required to write bespoke reports that are specifically tailored to the client's requirements. Extremely high attention to detail, thinking outside the box, a 'personal touch' and being able to deal with more complex investment solutions are therefore a prerequisite.
In addition, he/she will support Partners in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products in line with the advice process and compliance framework and writing detailed strategy and recommendation reports resulting in specific recommendations.
Liaising with product providers when necessary, dealing directly with the Partners' clients and keeping abreast of new products and developments.
Duties will also include:
- Ability to understand and articulate the Partners requirements, flagging any concerns where appropriate
- Obtaining information on clients' existing financial arrangements and conducting gap analysis.
- Producing strategy reports providing high level options addressing identified gaps in planning.
- Researching the market in line with guidelines from the Partner and preparing personalised high quality reports that are clear to the client, are written in plain English and include all relevant compliance requirements.
- Communication with the Partners and their designated Practice Manager throughout this process is of paramount importance.
The role will be varied and requires a numerate and articulate individual who is highly organised, self-motivated and can influence others. The ideal candidate must possess excellent PC skills and have proven communication skills.
He/she must have the ability to manage the Partner's commercial needs and the compliance requirements but understand that the client outcome is the most important and has to be the main focus
- Level 4 qualified.
- Previous experience of working as a Paraplanner within an advisory environment.
- Knowledge and experience of paraplanning pre and post retirement scenarios (including pension transfers), investments and taxation.
- Proven track record of conducting research and writing quality recommendation reports, that are client friendly and meet compliance requirements, for HNW clients.
- Knowledge and experience of SIPP providers, permitted investments and specialist funds.
- Able to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements.
- Confident having challenging conversations with advisers and being able to influence.