Summary of role:
To provide high quality, comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Group Chief Executive in order to ensure:
- Solid support to the CEO's strategic leadership of the organisation;
- The effective management of Board and Executive Committee meetings;
- The effective running of the secretariat, including management of the budget.
1. Assist the CEO in maintaining good relations with external contacts and networks; diary management; handling correspondence; setting up conferences and Skype calls; maintaining a contact database; meeting and greeting visitors to the office.
2. Develop and maintain close working relationship between staff and CEO's office, including in her absence.
3. Organise and administer fortnightly Executive Committee meetings and ad hoc meetings including the timely distribution of papers to members and ensuring meeting rooms are ready and in good order;
4. Organise Board meetings under the instructions of the CEO and Chair of the Board on agendas and meeting papers, and support non executives as appropriate;
5. Organise the agendas and take minutes for Executive Committee meetings, Board Meetings and other meetings as requested by the CEO;
7. Take responsibility for financial management of the CEO's office, including governance, ensuring accurate allocation of costs, budget-holder authority and monitoring expenditure against approved budgets;
8. Make detailed travel arrangements for the CEO as required, to include arranging itineraries, visas, accommodation, cash advances, submitting expenses, liaison with other departments and external contacts;
9. Assist the Non Executive Directors in making travel, accommodation and other arrangements;
10. Develop and maintain the CEO's paper and electronic filing and information systems;
12. Assist with research and presentations as required. As time allows, you may be asked to take on specific research or other projects.