Our client is an independent financial firm who are very well established and have a solid presence in the market.
Provide leadership and management of the adviser support team to enable the company to meet its sales and service standard targets in a profitable, efficient, safe and effective working environment. Your primary focus will be to maintain a happy and committed team with the appropriate skills and training to assist advisers to deliver a superior client experience. You will need to be proactive in continually developing and improving team performance via enhanced skills, systems and processes.
You will work particularly closely with Business development to ensure agreed support standards and processes are delivered consistently to the adviser team. You will form part of the Operations Committee working closely with other departments on common issues.
Oversee the recruitment and retention of staff and provide a general personnel management service
- Ensure all staff are legally and gainfully employed.
- Maintain and oversee an effective induction and training programme and ensure all staff are adequately trained to fulfil their role
- Maintain and implement effective staff appraisal and monitoring systems
- Support and mentor staff
- Ensure contracts of employment are provided and that we comply with all relevant employment legislation
- Ensure job descriptions are updated as and when necessary
- Maintain and regularly review our service standards and practices manual
- Promote and insist on quality and professionalism being at the heart of what we do
- Oversee and develop appropriate systems and processes to deliver first class support
- Promote and maintain good communication between advisers and support team
- Monitor and manage staff workloads
- Manage staffing levels and ensure appropriate to our needs
- Monitor skill mix, promote and encourage staff development and develop fast track training programmes for the most capable
- Maintain positive relations with produce providers
- Maintain and develop compliance monitoring procedures and ensure full adherence
- Develop and oversee efficient use of IT systems and record keeping
- Provide monthly report to the operations group and ensure we are kept informed as and when appropriate
- Communicate effectively with your team and encourage a positive team atmosphere
- Promote cooperation and respect between all employees
- Create a positive atmosphere where staff enjoy and have pride in their workplace
- Promote a success culture as the only means to ensure job satisfaction, development and rewards
- Continually look to develop the frequency and methods of communication particularly to and from senior management
- Develop employee engagement in service and procedure development
- Encourage interaction with other departments