Our client is a multinational banking group based with London based European head quarters. Due to growth they now require additional an additional team member in the Tax Operations department.
The EMEA Operational Tax Risk & Advisory team forms part of the broader International Tax Utility group, a department dedicated to streamlining and enhancing the operational tax environment within the bank. The group is responsible for setting best practice with regards to controlling and mitigating operational tax risk and performs a number of control / operational functions over a variety of withholding and transactional taxes generated by trading activities across multiple divisions including Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Financing.
At a macro level, the multi-faceted and dynamic role requires the candidate to review existing operational tax processes, analyse the operational tax impact of tax regulatory changes and new business proposals in order to be able to influence the implementation of change, in a highly pressured environment.
Key Requirements Include:
- Have a good understanding of transactional and/or withholding tax issues including identifying tax issues as they impact processes and the ability to read, understand and relay tax regulations
- Have the ability to be analytical, problem solve with a good attention to detail with a record of identifying and dealing with issues as they arise
- Be motivated, self-driven and excited by an operational role with changing priorities and objectives often with tight deadlines
- Possess strong team working skills, willing to put forward ideas and challenge current practice.
- Be a strong communicator with good organization skills as it will involve communicating to a large variety of people at many different levels within the firm.
- Be strong and proficient in influencing and impact in order to enact change within the division and across a large stakeholder group
We are looking for a candidate who is driven to provide consistently high standards, keen to identify and resolve issues, will challenge existing processes and controls whilst working with cross functional teams to implement operational improvements.