As Tax Manager you would be supporting the Head of Tax Reporting, Risk and Compliance in key areas like:
- Leading the reporting and forecasting of taxes across the Group in particular:
- Ensuring the Group is compliant with the International Accounting Standard for Tax (IAS12) and appropriate and accurate tax disclosures are internally and externally;
- Ensuring Group Tax policies and processes are properly implemented and consistently applied
- Streamling reporting and forecasting processes across the Group and to maximise efficiencies
- Implementing and maintaining the global tax risk framework and supporting governance and reporting requirements
- Overseeing UK tax returns (outsourced) and supporting relationship with HMRC (including all HMRC correspondence)
- Advising on international tax issues and ensuring maximum tax efficiency across the Group
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Work with a very high degree of independence and to act with initiative, under the overall supervision of the Head of Group Tax Reporting, Risk and Compliance
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrate credibility in dealing with a range of business colleagues and external bodies (e.g.. external auditors).
Key Requirements include:
- Qualified tax professional (preferably Chartered Accountant and Chartered Institute of Taxation or equivalent).
- Specialist knowledge and experience in IFRS tax reporting.
- Specialist tax experience in financial services preferred.
- Experience with bank levy will be an advantage.
- Experience in managing process change.
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and project management skills.
- Commercial awareness and sound judgment.