- Calculating weekly and month-end revenue settlements and reconciling these to figures reported in financial systems.
- Compiling the Funds balance sheet at the month-end and ensuring that balances are fully supported.
- Liaising with other areas of finance to ensure that all necessary journals are posted into Oracle Financials at month-end.
- Reviewing daily transactional and month-end bank reconciliations; providing feedback to team on findings.
- Weekly reconciliations on amounts settled with card acquirers.
- Monthly submissions of reports.
- Effective and timely communication with Client Funds Manager, reporting any exceptions identified in a timely manner.
- Involvement in areas within the wider Funds area, including Corporate and Retail cash control and Trading Capital.
- Awareness of the financial control framework and an ability to identify potential risks & improve processes.
- Opportunities to lead other team members in ad-hoc projects.
Skills & Experience
- Strong educational background and either qualified/part-qualified in a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn combined with a proactive approach to work and a desire to progress.
- Proficient in use of standard IT packages (especially Excel) and good system skills.
- Professional and positive approach, combined with good time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of attention to detail and trustworthiness due to sensitive nature of customer information.
- Proactivity and innovation - capacity to take the initiative to identify improvements in process and assist management in implementation.
- Drive to take on ownership of their areas of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills; especially given the Finance team is now split across multiple locations.
- Flexible, enjoying a frequently changing environment.
If you think you are suitable for this position please do apply! The business is an industry leader and provides an excellent working enviroment for you to work in and develop.