Heart of Surrey
Leading independently owned providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations.
Assurance & Business Services
We provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups. Our portfolio of clients includes businesses with turnovers ranging from £5 million to £250 million.
Purpose of role:
Accurate processing of client's financial data and the preparation of management accounts and associated outputs, within the timeframe agreed with the client or required by statute.
- Prepare and input client transactions into computerised ledger system.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients.
- Visiting client offices to undertake onsite accounting needs.
- Attend to VAT Registrations.
- Prepare quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from financial information supplied by client.
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
- Accuracy - to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
- Judgement - be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available.
- Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Customer focuses - develop relationships and gain confidence of client. Ability to attend to client queries and emails on a timely basis, and have flexibility to work on-site at client's premises.
- Use of IT - be able to work on bookkeeping packages and Excel.
- Teamwork - working with colleagues in the team.
- Flexibility - to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
- Strong academic history.
- ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Prior experience of computerised accounting packages.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, with a key focus on delivering high quality work that consistently meets internal and/or external client deadlines.
- Understanding of new standards.