Our client provides specialist insurance solutions for M&A risks. This dedicated team of professionals have backgrounds in the legal sector, investment banking, general industry and insurance.
With headquarters in London they are looking at expansion into different European countries. Focus is on the private equity and real estate sectors, working with leading fund managers.
Tax insurance is part of a wider set of specialist M&A insurance products. These policies are used to support M&A transactions or liquidation of private equity / real estate fund structures. Insurance is commonly used on private equity deals to replace a seller indemnity in response to an identified tax issue.
The market for tax insurance is growing rapidly - many specialist insurers have hired tax underwriters to provide specialist knowledge.
Background to the role
Our client is seeking a personable and ambitious individual to lead their tax offering. The role will require an entrepreneurial approach and willingness to use initiative and networking to grow their tax services.
With access to, and support from, the broader team's extensive skill set and wide client base, the expectation will be to:
- Identify prospective clients (corporate lawyers, tax lawyers, accountants, private equity and real estate deal teams, specialist tax teams, general counsel)
- Build and execute a business plan (including forecasting revenue, costs, business trips, prospective clients)
- Work with the 'business development' specialists
- Market to identified individuals (pre-dominantly in face-to-face meetings)
- Take ownership of transactions and the placement process to ensure our clients obtain the best service the market can offer.
- A determination and appetite to drive a business forward
- Articulate and personable
- Pro-active with a 'can do' attitude
- Working knowledge of common tax matters that arise on M&A transactions (e.g. residency and trading for UK real estate transactions)
- The ability to understand and analyse tax diligence reports, including matters that you may not have come across before on previous transactions
- An ability to think commercially and outside of the box