To provide effective administration to facilitate the running of an Investment Management team through the provision of high quality administrative support
- General administration duties to support the investment team,
- Liaise with Investment Managers/Admin/Settlement areas as necessary
- Deal with enquiries from clients, their advisers, accountants and solicitors etc
- Set up new client accounts, including liaising with central departments such as nominees, valuations etc
- To provide support and back-up to other fund managers on the team where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and organisational requirements / procedures at all times e.g. suitability, KYC, FATCA.
Role specific tasks:
- Distribute and respond, as appropriate, to incoming and outgoing correspondence and e-mails.
- Set-up new clients including stock/cash transfer; close accounts when necessary. In some cases this will be detailed and complicated incorporating private individuals, companies, trusts and overseas clients
- Carry out full range of administrative duties at request of investment managers or using own initiative e.g. answering phones, assisting with the preparation and dispatch of reports, valuations, presentations, meeting packs, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning, binding etc
- Liaise with Settlement in respect of all admin queries and amendments to client information
- Ensure all activities/actions undertaken meet and comply with compliance standards
The successful candidate will need :
- Proven administration experience in an investment environment preferably in the areas of settlements and operations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- To be numerate and literate
- A flexible attitude to work in response to changing workloads and deadlines within the team
- An excellent telephone manner
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's (including Math's and English) or equivalent
- Preferably further and/or higher educational qualifications with a preference for relevant subjects such as business administration, finance, business studies, economics, maths etc