Our client is on the of the worlds leading Fintech businesses with operations across the globe. With one of the markets most innovative products also comes a fantastic working environment with no 'corporate nonsense'.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing tax team and have a real impact from day one. In this newly created role, we are looking for an intelligent problem solver who can work with the business. However, the problems might involve taxes or countries you have never dealt with, there are no manuals telling you how to do it and ultimately it's up to you to decide what needs to be done. If this still excites you, read on.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the banking and product teams to determine the impact of taxes on the business (e.g. new entities, product pricing, etc).
- Manage compliance and reporting globally - both outsourced and bringing certain elements in-house. This includes tax provisions for statutory accounts, local tax returns (including 1099s, US FIT/state returns and CIT in all other countries) and year-end reporting for the group.
- Monitor and understand the impact of significant relevant legislative changes around the world (e.g. BEPS, taxation of the digital economy, Brexit, US tax reform, Singapore budget)
- Ensure transfer pricing obligations are met, including working with the legal team and financial controllers to ensure all documentation and intercompany agreements are up to date.
- Taking a pro-active lead and support on various projects, such as R&D, capital allowances reviews, and ad hoc advice to the business.
- Effectively manage and coordinate external advisors with regional financial controllers on all tax matters across EMEA, US/Canada, LATAM and APAC.
Key Requirements include:
- ACA, CTA, ACCA or other suitable professional qualification.
- Significant cross-border tax advisory experience; you must be comfortable dealing with issues across multiple jurisdictions involving multiple taxes.
- Specific experience across US, LATAM and APAC would be helpful.
- In-house experience preferred but not necessary. For those in practice, client secondments would be advantageous.
- You are a team player with self-motivation, enthusiasm to learn and optimism in the face of seemingly impossible challenges.
- You should have a flair for solving problems and be excited at the prospect of working on challenges outside of your usual comfort zone with minimal guidance.
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, and keen to learn new tricks