Our client is a global financial services business who is growing rapidly. There is an opportunity for an experienced indirect tax professional to join their growing tax team, and oversee everything related to indirect taxes. This will range from managing compliance to advising the Group on VAT projects, risks and new territories by working in conjunction with different teams across the business. The role will be more focused on advisory due to the pace that the business is growing.
- Management of local and global compliance process through working with external advisors.
- Identify opportunities in compliance process to improve operational efficiency and drive change.
- Working with other members of the tax team on global initiatives including but not limited to, entering new territories; transactions; Brexit planning; restructurings.
- Manage HMRC relationship in regards to indirect tax.
- Track and advise on global legislative changes (e.g. Making Tax Digital).
- ACA, CTA, ACCA qualified (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years experience focusing solely in indirect taxes, ideally in a financial services environment.
- Partial exemption experience.
- International VAT experience, ideally in house from a practice background.
- Experience managing compliance process and preparing UK returns.
- Strong communication skills and commercial mentality.
This is a great opportunity for a Manager/Assistant Manager to make their first move in house, or for someone looking for more responsibility and take on the lead indirect tax role in an organisation. It will be very global in nature, heavy on advisory, and will require someone who is able to adapt and reprioritise their projects quickly.