Our client is looking for an experienced indirect tax professional at the Director level to help provide technical and functional leadership for indirect taxes globally. You will oversee a team of other indirect tax professionals, working closely on policy, strategy, managing external relationships, indirect tax risks and many other areas. As mentioned the role requires a host of experience, ideally from a multinational corporation or large consulting firm.
- Provide trend analysis of indirect tax and make strategy plan;
- Represent the business externally and develop relationships with policy makers (like tax authority, OECD, EU and big four, etc.);
- Provide strategic direction, vision and guidance to the tax leadership group;
- Provide quality assurance in indirect tax advice internally to ensure technical and group standards are met in all areas of tax solutions, business or supply chain transformation;
- Responsible for review, assurance and management of Global Indirect Tax risks;
- Develop methodologies and strategies for indirect tax of countries, business function and process areas;
- Build networks and relationships and interact with global business departments and other tax function areas;
- Responsible for identifying regional indirect tax planning opportunity, harmonization and cost management optimization for Indirect Tax ;
- Act as a coach, mentor, and provide support to develop the capabilities of global Indirect Tax team;
- Provide training to the wider global tax team.
- Bachelor degree or above in Taxation, Finance or Economics;
- Extensive global tax experience and knowledge (global indirect tax compliance preferred);
- 15+ years' experience in global tax area, with Big 4 or leading multinational is preferred;
- Good understanding and knowledge of Indirect Tax Technology systems and processes;
- Strong organization and coordination skills;
- Strong team player and excellent influencing skills with the ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Open-minded with excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with detailed orientation;
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast paced environment and strong process orientation
This position will involve travel (circa 30%), sometimes at short notice.