Our Client is an international insurance and reinsurance business based in London.
They now require a Tax Accountant to work alongside the Head of Tax focusing primarily on the UK entities of the Group. With increasing changes in domestic and international tax legislation and a growing focus on tax risk the business is now recruiting a tax accountant to ensure the tax department has capability to respond to its needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Annual corporation tax returns; and syndicate tax return
- Correspondence and liaison with HMRC
- Quarterly tax reporting for the UK companies and the group, including preparation of tax charge, tax journals and group tax consolidation workings
- Tax disclosures for the UK company annual published account Provide tax support to the UK accounting teams where necessary
- Be responsible for dealing will all requests relating to withholding tax documentation
Key Requirements include:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent experience
- In depth tax technical knowledge - tax accounting and UK tax returns
- Finance services background, insurance and Lloyd's specific knowledge would be advantageous but not a prerequisite