Our client is a Dublin based, market leading technology business with a global footprint. Due to continued growth they now require a Head of Tax to join their established team of experienced tax professionals.
The successful candidate in the role will take and develop the team, establish processes and provide leadership and mentoring to the tax team, while helping the function to expand to manage the risks of the expanding group. Must have experience both in tax technical issues and their practical application, and the ability to work proactively to provide tax advice on transactions and to ensure that the group's tax provisions and filings are completed accurately and on time.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the existing tax team, including mentoring and developing staff
- Monitor the changing international tax statutes for issues that are detrimental or present tax savings opportunities
- Working closely with our internal M&A team and advisors, designing and implementing tax planning strategies associated with acquisitions, restructurings, refinancing and other transactions as they arise
- Assist in the Company's implementation of a new Enterprise Reporting System and lead the selection of appropriate tax systems to help automate processes and drive operational efficiencies.
- 15+ years of tax experience
- Experience leading a tax function
- Significant experience in tax planning and M&A
You will be a very organized, self-motivated, individual with a proactive attitude and importantly someone who excels both independently and as part of a team. This role is visible across the whole group therefore needs someone who is confident in their communication and enjoys being driven by deadlines. The position will challenge your strong analytical skills as attention to detail is important to this role. You will need to be a strategic thinker with a long-term focus as this is a core part of our values and overall strategy.