Our client is behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands. Their global headquarters is in the UK and they employ 2000 people across 20 countries around the world.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head of Planning and Analysis will be influential in ensuring the company develops robust business and strategic plans. This role will be key in providing commentary and insight to the Executive and the Board, as well as providing decision support and analysis to senior leadership and central functions.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Lead financial planning to actuals cycle, working closely with divisional and functional teams, to ensure robust submissions and reporting.
- Update and maintain financial planning processes and systems.
- Ownership of functional cost (c£100m) management processes, providing oversight and ensuring consistency and robustness of approach.
- Partnering with directors (incl marketing, IT and HR) to achieve cost control and robust resource allocation decisions.
- Working closely with strategy and portfolio team to ensure strategies are financially evaluated and incorporated into financial plans seamlessly.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations on all investment appraisal business cases raised through the project management office.
- Working with Treasury to proactively manage and understand the impact of FX on the company results.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a vision to continuously improve processes and outputs. The role manages a team of analysts/finance business partners and is responsible for their training and coaching and driving the overall capability of the team.
The Head of Planning and Analysis has a very high profile within the Group and the successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder skills along with strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
What you need to have