Our client is a multinational insurance group based in Central London. As part of their new tax strategy and a desire to improve the capabilities of the tax function they now require a Head of Group Tax Reporting & Compliance.
This is a fantastic role for someone who wants to work closely with the business developing their own relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business. You will work closely with the Director of Tax but will be comfortable operating autonomously taking responsibility for all compliance and reporting issues.
- Manage group tax reporting and compliance, dealing with auditors and local tax authorities including tax disclosures for the UK statutory accounts
- Manage the timely delivery of UK tax computations and addressing in-bound enquiries from HMRC
- Optimising group relief, WWDC, thin cap allocations and interest restriction
- Managing the calculation of tax payments on account, leading tax input for tax forecasts and budget
- Assist in complying with transfer pricing requirements preparing group for country by country reporting
- Maintain and proactively monitor a group tax reporting and compliance risk register
- Proactively monitor overseas tax payment and filing deadlines
- Identification and mitigation of operational risk within Tax in terms of processes
- Ensure that processes and procedures are fit for purpose
- Manage VAT compliance, ensuring timely submission of accurate group VAT returns, deal with HMRC queries, maintain the VAT group registration
- Manage, train and develop one junior member of staff
- Qualified tax professional with accounting qualifications and previous experience managing a tax reporting and compliance function
- Proven ability to take ownership of a project from conception to completion with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across departments in the UK and overseas