A great opportunity has arisen to join a privately owned high growth software/tech business based in the Gatwick area who are seeking a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to join their growing team.
You will provide financial acumen and analysis to support the business with assessing new business opportunities (including acquisitions and entry into new markets), whilst seeking to maximise existing ones, with the opportunity to grow and broaden the role as the organisation grows.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Providing thorough financial planning appraisals and scenario modelling to support the CEO and FD in assessing new business opportunities or progressing existing strategies.
- Providing quality analysis across a wide variety of business disciplines, both within and outside of the pure financial reporting and into wider project reporting, including presentation to senior teams.
- Supporting ad hoc finance-led projects to provide the oversight, expertise and management capabilities in order to deliver the projects from start to finish.
- Other project work to support the Finance Director to contribute effectively to the wider business, which may include a key role in contract renewals and bids, supporting the commercial division.
- Taking ownership of the procurement process; liaising with subcontractors where appropriate.
- Ad hoc audits to ensure adequate financial control processes are effective across the business units
- ACA Qualified (or overseas equivalent) preferably with some corporate finance or transaction services experience
- Sound technical accounting skills and strong familiarity with financial appraisal and business plan and modelling techniques.
- Ability to review, dissect and appraise financials
- Excellent IT skills in particular in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to develop and enhance complex financial models, along with Word, Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English, and the ability to write and prepare clear, high quality, well-crafted reports to senior management.
- Proactive approach and flexibility and willingness to the evolving requirements of the role. Professional in approach and a strong communicator.
- Robust personality and gravitas to operate at a senior management / director level.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to balance and deliver against varied workloads.