Working as part of a fast-paced group finance team in a growing FTSE 250 international business to manage the delivery of tax numbers and disclosures for IFRS group reporting at interim and full year; oversight of the group's tax compliance (including transfer pricing) in partnership with advisers; input into ad hoc projects, such as tax systems development, creation of overseas joint ventures and intra-group transactions; working with other group departments and international colleagues to provide tax input on ad hoc matters.
- Group Reporting Preparing group tax numbers (and notes) for interim and full year group financial statements, including managing the delivery of UK tax numbers.
- Working with group finance to review information provided for management reports, budgets, forecasts, and developing existing systems to enhance reporting capability.
- Transfer Pricing Ensure appropriate inter-company agreements are in place, and work with advisers to monitor on-going relevance of existing policies / develop new transfer pricing documentation as needed.
- Oversee preparation of country-by-country reporting and work with international colleagues to aid implementation.
- Corporate Tax Working in conjunction with UK Corporate Tax manager to deliver statutory accounts tax disclosures and Corporation Tax computations for all UK and Irish group companies within the relevant time-frame each year.
- Deal with all HMRC issues following submission, to agree tax returns in a timely manner. Manage outsource provider as regards global tax compliance.
- Ad hoc issues Manage ad hoc issues, such as writing tax strategy, helping set up joint ventures in new territories and other UK and international tax issues.
- ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified or equivalent
- Experience of international group reporting and preparation of large UK corporate tax numbers and notes for a wide range of businesses for at least three years.
- Experience of transfer pricing documentation
- Experience of dealing with tax authorities
- Understanding of country-by-country reporting requirements
- Good knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation
- Good knowledge of tax reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP