GROUP REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
Our client is a member of the FTSE 250 with a market capitalisation of over £1bn and an international group of specialist distribution organisations serving multiple business lines. The appointment provides great exposure to all financial aspects of a PLC and excellent prospects for career progression through the Group’s businesses in financial or operational roles both in the UK and overseas. Due to internal promotions and the growth of the business, our client is now looking for a Group Reporting Accountant to come in and help support the small Head Office team
- Supporting the process for, and preparation of, the Group’s monthly management accounts and the Group’s financial reporting to shareholders, using Hyperion.
- Preparation of weekly management information to be shared with Executive Management.
- Assistance with the Group budgeting and forecasting process and preparation of annual budgets.
- Assistance in the preparation of the UK businesses corporate tax computation returns to HMRC.
- Preparation of monthly reporting and annual statutory financial statements for Head office entities.
- Specific ad-hoc projects including acquisitions and special projects for the Executive Directors.
- The role reports directly to the Senior Group Reporting Accountant.
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified;
- Strong accounting skills and IFRS knowledge – proven ability to perform multicurrency consolidations in an international Group business;
- Reasonable knowledge of UK corporate tax regime (not complex) and of tax accounting;
- Strong inter-personal skills and strong ability to build and develop relationships with both finance and non-finance personnel;
- Well-organised and methodical, strong initiative and attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with high quality results; IT literate with strong Excel skills;
This is an excellent entry-level role from Practice for an individual looking to establish their career in a commercial listed company environment. The individual will benefit from:
- Working in a small head office with regular contact with senior management and the Executive Management Board.
- Strong financial processes and broad financial experience providing an excellent training environment.
- Opportunity to work across a spectrum of activities in Group Finance including treasury, management reporting, external reporting, due diligence etc.
- Opportunity to develop career first in Group Finance and more broadly across Group businesses both in the UK and overseas.