SRM has partnered with a publically listed global logisitcs business to source their Group Head of Tax in London. The Group Head of Tax will initially assess the current state of tax processes/policies within Group and advise accordingly. Focus will be on international tax and transfer pricing, transactions and managing risk, while overseeing all corporate tax compliance, VAT and employment taxes. This is a stand alone tax role and sits within the broader finance team that supports tax.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in a stand alone role, able to handle deadlines, communicate with executives in the Group and influence and drive change.
- Coordinate and oversee all corporate tax compliance for the UK and international entities;
- Manage tax provisions for the Group;
- Work with external advisors, auditors, HMRC and local governments;
- Assess transfer pricing policies and improve where neccessary;
- Oversee indirect tax globally and advise accordingly (i.e. Middle East VAT rollout);
- Ensure a proper tax risk framework is in place for the Group;
- Ad hoc advisory and projects (i.e. global mobility, PAYE, R&D
- ACA, ACCA, CTA qualified (or equivalent experience);
- Experience working in a publically listed business with a focus on international tax;
- Ability to drive/influence tax change within a business by speaking to senior finance members;
- Mixed tax experience and not afraid to get hands on with compliance, VAT, employment tax when needed;
- Strong communicator and able to manage multiple projects and relationships.
If you're looking for a growing international business that wants the tax function to bring value this will definitely be of interest. There will be ample opportunity for the right person to impact the business in a positive way quickly. Apply today.