The group accountant position will require liaising with senior management to ensure that the reporting requirements provided are relevant and accurate as well as providing support and guidance as required on some exciting projects.
Produce Management Accounts / Forecasts / Budgets / Month-end submissions
- Timely submissions of management accounts, forecast, budget and month end processes for Group and other medium sized subsidiaries to SAP and Hyperion.
- Review of inter-company loan and deposit balances between Group and other brands/entities and follow up on variances with the respective business units.
- Responsible for the monthly postings and month-end tasks to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the general ledger.
- Contribute towards the preparation of Group Board Pack and Group monthly management accounts for senior management review, which provides a clear and detailed understanding of the groups position and key messages for the Group Board to consider.
- Provide analysis, review of Associates & Investments, review information gap.
- Assist in the Preparation of the Quarterly Banking & Covenant Information for Treasury and helping to ensure group information reconciles against management forecasts.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Group statutory accounts.
- Assist the Assistant Group Financial Controller with group wide policy or process standardisation projects.
- Development of user guides and process notes for key team responsibilities and tasks.
- Other projects and ad-hoc work as required.
- Cover for other team members during period of holiday or absence as required.
Treasury / IT2
- Prepare analysis on interest and FX swaps for Treasury.
- Ownership of treasury (IT2) postings.
- Managing the opening/closure of accounting ledgers in SAP & uploading exchange rates to SAP, Hyperion and IT2
Needs to have
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Rigorous, with attention to detail
- Positive "can do" attitude , flexibility to change and proactive attitude to improve processes
- Have a confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment, able to meet deadlines
- MS Office computer skills to advanced level
- Excellent stakeholder management - ensuring the needs of Group Finance and the Senior Management are met
- Ability to analyse financial data & discuss with non-finance customers
- Ability to see high level view
- Ability to influence.
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Focused on performance, result, teamwork
About the Business:
This role is with a family run retailer who own the rights to some of the worlds most famous brands. In their campus based in North London they have created an excellent environment to work in of which they have recently won awards for. My client champions their staff and encourages personal development within their business resulting in a world of opportunities for your career progression.
If you think you are suitable for the role please do apply for the position and I will respond due course.