Our Client is a market leading provider of M&A insurances in Germany, regularly working with the leading law firms and real estate/private equity investors.
They are looking for a German tax expert (ideally but not necessarily a Steuerberater) to complement their tax team based in London and lead their German tax offering.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate is based in either their Frankfurt, Munich or London office. Regardless of the location the role will have the full support of their London based tax team.
The role will require an entrepreneurial approach and willingness to use initiative and networking to grow their tax offering.
With access to, and support from, the M&A team's extensive skill set and wide client base, the expectation will be to:
- Identify prospective clients (corporate lawyers, tax lawyers, accountants, private equity and real estate deal teams, specialist tax teams, general counsel)
- Build and execute a business plan (including forecasting revenue, costs, business trips, prospective clients)
- Work with our clients 'business development' specialists
- Market to identified individuals (pre-dominantly in face-to-face meetings)
- Take ownership of transactions and the placement process to ensure our clients obtain the best service the market can offer
- A determination and appetite to drive a business forward
- Articulate and personable
- Pro-active with a 'can do' attitude
- Working knowledge of M&A transactions (including knowledge in tax)
- An ability to think commercially and outside of the box