Our client is a privately held, cutting edge biopharmaceutical company, with the aspiration to build a world class oncology business. Their techniques and therapies are unique, committed to bringing life-changing treatments to cancer patients. This is a new role as the company continues to grow rapidly and there is now a demand for added value financial information.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Reporting to the VP for finance your responsibilities will include:
Design of reporting suite including BI, monthly pack. Special emphasis on project based budgeting and reporting.
Member of the ERP financial system design and implementation team.
Preparation of board presentation packs.
Management of annual budget and forecasting processes.
Preparation of annual business operating and budget plan document.
Ensure compliance with period end reporting timelines.
Close liaison with internal project and line teams to ensure high quality financial support. Membership and finance lead at multi disciplinary project, portfolio and business meetings presenting financial perspective.
Financial lead alongside business development team in projects such as collaboration, partnering or material supply agreements.
Ownership and development of the long term business valuation and cash runway model.
Ownership and development of short term budget and forecasting models and ad hoc models to evaluate partnership and collaboration opportunities.
Support the Controller in preparation of public company filing statements to meet SEC requirements.
Attributes, Experience and Education
- Qualified Accountant with proven technical accounting ability. Expert skills in business modelling (excel or other business/project modelling software).
- Strong mid market ERP system experience.
- BI and reporting skills including high quality powerpoint presentation ability.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to build credibility with key stakeholders through a consultative and engaging approach.
- Proven experience in the design and delivery of periodic business reporting packs.
- Keen business interest and desire to embed within non financial teams.
- Analytical ability to understand and communicate key business trends
- ERP system design and implementation
- IPO and public company reporting experience
- Biotech, clinical or high tech manufacturing background
- Familiarity with IFRS and US GAAP Conversion and experience of having worked in a US centric environment
- Proven experience in system and process design and development to meet business needs.