Financial and Management Accountant
Our client is a highly successful Real Estate Investment Trust which specialises in long leases across a range of property sectors.
The role reports to the Finance Director and has responsibility for accounting/reporting for the holding business and other subsidiaries. An Assistant Accountant works on the relevant entities and is responsible for posting the majority of underlying accounting entries (sale and purchase invoices, payment journals, bank reconciliations etc).
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and commentary on results, including reporting to external minority investors in each portfolio where necessary
- Consolidation of group accounts and relevant sub-groups
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and liaison with auditors, including preparation of audit files
- Preparation of quarterly loan rollover packs and compliance certificates; initial point of contact for lenders
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Preparation of fortnightly cash flow forecasts to assist with investment decisions and distributions
- Assisting tax advisors in the preparation of the annual corporation tax returns; liaison with advisors on tax queries and investigations by HMRC
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Maintenance of accounting ledgers and fixed asset register
- Review and coding of purchase invoices
- Ad hoc projects and assistance to other team members as required
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or overseas equivalent
- Strong technical background (UK GAAP/FRS 102 and IFRS)
- Ability to summarise and provide commentary on results, i.e. seeing the wood for the trees
- Property experience will be useful but not essential
- Basic understanding of tax and VAT
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines
- Ability to deal directly with directors and other senior staff
- Friendly, personable and hardworking
This role would be ideal for a newly qualified accountant looking for a varied and challenging role in an exciting part of the property sector in London.