A FTSE 250 property developer are currently looking for a Financial Analyst / Management Accountant to join one of their major divisions based in Hertfordshire.
Purpose of the role is to assist the Regional Financial Controller and work with the regional finance team in the production of accounting and management information for use by staff and management of Region and Group.
- Provide accurate management and financial information for review in line with the timetable set by Group.
- Manage and assist in preparation of full year statutory account packs, supporting analysis, annual budgets and quarterly forecast.
- Review and assist in the preparation of month end journals, reconciliation and closing ledgers at end of accounting periods, and updating of cash flow system.
- Responsible for periodic update of bank reconciliations and preparation of all input for review.
- Manage and assist with collating monthly management packs, preparation of monthly management accounts, updating development appraisals and preparing forecasts with variance analysis.
- Assist in preparation of ad hoc management pack reports such as stock plot schedules.
- Ensure weekly cash flow information supplied to Group Accountant.
- Work with RFC in preparation of commercial analysis of key financial data to influence regional decision making.
- Work with RFC in preparation of monthly board meeting packs and challenge / develop quality of information.
- Undertakes other ad hoc duties as required.
- Provide financial support to head of departments.
- Participation in the development of new / improved systems and controls.
- Supervision and support for subordinates to ensure objectives of the employee and company are achieved.
Joint Ventures/Associates/Other Group Legal Entities
- Review and manage the reporting for the joint ventures the region currently controls.
- Review year end stat packs and corporation tax packs, and liaises with auditors.
- Review monthly management accounts, board packs and VAT returns.
- Review monthly cash flow forecasts and monthly drawdown and payment schedules.
- Attends project meetings and liaises with Joint Venture Partners.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detailed knowledge of Financial & Management Accounting.
- Good levels of competence on spreadsheets.
- An ability to work as a team member.
- Willingness to learn and progress. Proactive and extremely organised work ethic.
Advanced level of Microsoft Excel.