Our client is a National Financial Planning and Investment Management business with offices around the UK. They are ideally seeking a newly qualified ACA from a top 20 practice looking for their first move into an interesting and varied analystical support role.
The Finance Analyst, Strategic Projects role exists to analyse, enhance, design, collect and track management information, automate MI so that the organisation understands its value creation and can influence the drivers. You will also be expected to support the planning and delivery of business change initiatives that are happening both in Finance and across the organisation. This work will include work to ensure the company is ready to maximise and realise value, potentially through an IPO.
The role holder will also have significant involvement in the M&A portfolio, supporting company valuations, due diligence, and business as usual performance tracking.
Other tasks are likely to include supporting business case development, acting as a project accountant, collecting and providing finance requirements, undertaking finance related project delivery activity, and providing management information on key performance indicators.
- Key support on ad hoc project work, including M&A integrations, business process improvements and M&A analysis. Key early focus on a group wide entity rationalisation project, supporting the simplification of our through liquidation/strike off of unnecessary companies
- Contribute to the development of both "business as usual" and project monitoring and reporting including:
- Providing input to the development of MI tools and reporting
- Support the development and control of project reporting and tracking
- Pulling together and presenting one-off requirements for MI / insight
- Assist in building enhanced set of Management Information for the business generally
- Support the progress of new projects, which will include:
- Creating financial models to assess the ROI of proposed initiatives
- Supporting and control the creation of business cases
- Developing board packs and presentations
- Designing and tracking KPIs to drive performance and provide accurate insight and analysis to ensure successful corporate decision making and value creation
- Finance support on roll-out of a new platform across the business
- Provide support to the various team members relating to finance aspects of the potential IPO and business planning process
- Coordinate the creation of necessary documentation for IPO
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recently qualified (ideally ACA)
- Highly methodical and organised, with an ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and a high quality output
- Project and change management experience from a finance perspective
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of finance business processes and controls
- Ability to work on own as well as part of the team
- Ability to draft high quality documentation
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple competing priorities
- Comfortable with working in a matrix environment
- Ability to get to grips with new concepts quickly
- Comfortable working with unstructured problems and concepts / ideas that are very new to the business
- An ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of discretion
- Strong financial modelling and presentational skills - able to assess and review business plans
- Strategic analysis & planning and execution, performance metrics, project evaluation, and commercial acumen.