Our client is a private biopharmaceutical company which has strong financial backing and the ambition to become a global leader in the therapy for treatment of cancer patients.
Our client is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Corporate team. The ideal candidate will have experience in financial accounting and a desire to expand their skillset to include management reporting and analysis.
- Maintaining, interpreting and timely reporting of accurate financial data.
- Production of the monthly and quarterly financial and management accounts including meaningful variance analysis for inclusion in the management review pack.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Keep a record of all accruals and prepayments and the fixed asset register. To liaise with the departments and project managers for information on the month end accruals. Posting all month end journals.
- To update the Actuals in the project worksheets and analyse the variances.
- Assist with the new ERP system implementation.
- Supporting the risk management process through compliance with the company’s Sarbanes Oxley process and maintenance of a strong control environment.
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT returns.
- Supporting the annual statutory audit and financial statement preparation process under IFRS and US GAAP.
- To prepare and submit grant claims liaising with project managers.
- To assist AP function ensuring accurate coding of invoices per the budgets.
- Assist with reviewing employee expenses and company credit cards and company credit cards in compliance with the companies’ policies.
- To maintain an up to date cash flow and assist with the bank payments on behalf of the Company.
- To work on any other finance projects as required.
Demonstrated skills and competencies
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified ACA or ACCA having experience as a hands on accountant, be used to working in a small team and be well versed in accounting principles having worked with multiple currencies, month end closing, reconciliations etc.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Credibility to liaise with senior management.
- Highly organised and with excellent attention to detail
- Honesty and discretion when handling confidential financial information
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team