The Financial Systems Mananger will also support the Group Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in streamlining management information processes and Computron enhancement projects, a strong background with data mining / governance and financial systems development and implementation is a prerequisite.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership on all Computron related issues and major incidents whilst ensuring that resolutions are quick, appropriate and sustainable;
- To be the central point of escalation for Computron, relating to user queries, system issues and trouble-shooting
- Daily system, user and account maintenance, with the view to provide a rationalised and simplified Computron operating structure, that supports the business financial operating business model
- Month-end Comptron close, including assisting with the load of non native Computron entities
- To manage the configuration of Computron and maintaining relationships with the vendor and IT, ensuring that the group's financial software continues to meet our objectives;
- To develop specific proposals on how existing finance systems functionality can be improved to support and engance the services provided by finance teams; helping them understand and take advantage of functionality that can improve efficiency and business processes;
- To perform business analysis activities to the Group Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in streamlining various management information processes. This will include documentation of the current issues and formulate change proposals. Taking the lead to deliver the necessary fixes, in doing so working with the users, IT and the system vendors (if necessary). Formulating and overseeing testing plans, followed by implementation of the new process;
- To build and maintain effective relationships with senior finance, IT and other departmental staff in all offices;
- To ensure both the service continuity and disaster recovery plans for Computron are up to date and that all aspects of the service have the appropriate resilience and recovery.
Qualification and Requirements
- Excellent understanding of finance systems;
- Previous experience in a finance systems role;
- Excellent understanding of organising and manipulating data in MS Access, SQL, and MS Excel;
- Accounting training or qualification is advantageous;
- Good operational familiarity with Finance General Ledger system a requisite;
- Skilled practitioner in Business Analysis;
- Financial Services experience an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A keen inquisitive, sceptical and logical mind set, with the ability and confidence to deal with complex situations
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to deal with all levels of staff across all areas of the Company;
- A proven track record in providing quality customer service and of continuous improvement;
- Proactive self-starter, able to motivate others;
- Clear, logical thinker with the ability/confidence to deal with complex situations;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision to achieve objectives within agreed timescales.
If you have good systems knowledge and would like to know more about this oppurtunity, please do apply and I will get back to you when possible.