A new Finance Manager opportunity has been created with an exciting high growth, small to medium sized business, based in South East London. This role will be supporting the business, as it looks to grow across multiple channels and multiple sites whilst also managing the day to day running of the finance department.
The purpose of the role is to provide financial support to the business with accurate and detailed analysis and financial information allowing performance to be monitored in a timely manner. The role involves liaison with the Board and other senior leaders of the business to help them understand, interpret and use financial management information in decision making.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Detailed analysis of major overhead lines
- Ensure integrity of the balance sheet
- Prepare monthly cashflow forecast and analyse variances
- Prepare reports and analysis for year- end audit and tax and liaise with external auditors
- Ensure effective Management Information and detailed analysis of business metrics provided
- Supervise two accounts staff
- Work with business units to prepare annual budget
- Partner with Business heads to provide helpful analysis of KPIs and support decision making
- Ad hoc project work as required e.g. future acquisitions, IT projects, customer tenders
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or overseas equivalent
- Relevant accounting experience with good MS Excel skills
- Experience working in SME commercial environment
- A self- starter, willing to be hands-on and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Continually seek improvements and able to see efficiencies in financial systems
- Strong desire to exceed expectations