Our client is a global listed company at the forefront of technological and scientific processes. Due to an internal promotion, our clientnow seeks a Finance Manager to join the business.
To be the senior finance person responsible for Financial support for core business units. The role is responsible for managing the finance processes for these businesses including monthly results, budgeting and forecasting and providing quality financial analysis to the Global Business Managers. In addition, they will support the Business Finance Director with other finance projects and activities, such as high performance finance and control activities. This is a complicated business area that requires good technical accounting skills, as well as excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Full responsibility for the financial management (& financial control) of the licensing business.
- Effective management and leadership of the Licensing Business’ Finance team
- Provide Financial Insight, planning & advice to the Business, Market & R&D leads and their teams.
- Provide financial leadership in investment analysis, M&A work & commercial decisions, including foreign exchange hedging decisions
- Formulate strategy, targets & budgets in accordance with Sector & Group requirements
- Development, preparation and analysis of key performance indicators.
- Support the Business Finance Director on ad hoc business and finance projects
- Provide financial excellence in matters of financial control & risk. Identify the key risks & ensure they are controlled, managed and reviewed.
- Ensure that the business operates in accordance with the financial controls outlined in the Group Control Manual and recognised accounting standards
- Work with the other parts of the Sector & Group to promote high performance finance initiatives
- Ensure that Internal & External Audit requirements and compliance needs are satisfied
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- 5+ years relevant post qualification accounts experience is essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Good management & people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines