A fast growing, dynamic, fun digital business based in central Guildford is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager. This is a varied role for a commercially and team orientated accountant to support the leadership team in hitting double digit growth over the next 2 years. If you have ambitions to be a future Finance Director this could be the opportunity for you.
Reporting the leadership team, key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts on full pre-payment/accrual basis
- Improving board packs and management reports
- Financial Analysis to improve profitability of the business, including profitablity by project
- Other ad-hoc analyis to support business growth
- Cashflow forecasting
- Contract management
- Sales ledger and credit control
- VAT & PAYE returns and payment
- As business grows take responsibility for recruiting and managing junior financial and admin staff
- Purchase ledger, general creditor maintenance and payment runs
- Depreciation, fixed assets and other general journals
We are ideally seeking a graduate, qualified or nearly qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or QBE who enjoys a varied all rounder type position.
Applicants must have strong MS Excel skills, knowledge of Xero is advantageous. Personality is key! It is essential applicants are comfortable working in an open plan office with an online/ tech vibe/culture. This opportunity is based in the heart of Guildford, in great offices.