A leading small to medium sized private equity backed business based in central London is looking to appoint a Finance Director to their main board. The primary objective of the role is to work closely with the CEO to drive shareholder value and prepare the business for a transaction in 2-3 years time.
Our client is an award winning, FCA regulated provider of software and services to the investment and weath management industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting strategic initiatives for the Group, including maximising EBITDA, growth opportunities and risk management
- Improving the quality of financial and board reporting
- Managing the financial models that underpin business decisions
- Acting as primary point of contact with external advisors, including the appointment of new auditors and PE backers
- Monitoring and identifying key business KPI's
- Producing budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Oversee FCA reporting requirements and take on CF10a role (alongside existing CF10)
- Supervise accounting team of two
- Ensuring house is in order in preparation for a future transaction
- Deputising on behalf of the CEO
Applicants must have a strong academic background, including a university degree and be either ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified (or overseas equivalent) with post qualified experience of having worked in a FCA regulated environment. The successful applicant will be comfortable operating in a small business environment, have emotional intelligence and excellent presentation skills. This role would suit someone looking to step into a PE backed environment, and oversee a successful transaction.