This role would be well-suited to newly qualified accountant looking to leave practice into a more analytical role with a passion for residential property development.
This opportunity to join a leading property development business in a large operating division, will require a team player with excellent communication and presentation skills, who is adept at solving problems and simplifying processes and is passionate about providing high quality information.
You will have strong commercial acumen and an ability to balance the desire to improve efficiencies with the need to protect the business against risk. You must be organised and reliable with a relentless attention to detail. You will be willing to work hard to tight deadlines as part of a team of accountants in a busy finance department, being prepared to support finance colleagues as necessary throughout the reporting cycle, and in whatever other roles the department's wider strategy requires.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your duties will include:
- Various ad-hoc reporting, analysis and modelling.
- Contractor and tenant due diligence and record keeping.
- Ad-hoc financial support to other business departments.
- Supporting departments in cost monitoring and budget tracking processes.
- Internal project-based assignments to improve performance in areas of risk and opportunity.
- Business partnering to drive reporting improvements across the business.
- Supporting profit forecast and cash flow maintenance and budgeting
- Supporting balance sheet maintenance and financial control
- Supporting production of monthly management accounts, management reports and board report
- Providing non routine financial information and analysis to support the wider business strategy.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing financial reporting and record keeping processes.
Planning and executing internal reports.
- Supporting departments to deliver improvements in cost monitoring and budget tracking processes.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of financial due diligence processes.
- Providing financial and commercial support to other departments as needs require.
- Working with the wider finance team to maintain the company profit and cash flow forecasts and balance sheet and accounting ledger
The ideal candidate would be:
- Responsible individual, willing to take ownership of key areas of management accounting and financial control.
- Strong communicator confident dealing with a range of stakeholders.
- Organised, reliable, with relentless attention to detail.
- Hard working individual with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Team player with experience of project-style working.
- Passionate about their work.
- Qualified Accountant; ACA or equivelent
- Experience of property industry is desirable but not essential
If your are interested in this role please apply and I will respond as soon as possible.