Our client is an international real estate investment firm in London with a vast portfolio of properties and assets under management. Their presence in Europe has grown steadily since inception but has seen a recent and very significant upswing in their activity which has casued the need to expand their in house tax team. The Tax Manager will take on a variety of responsibilities, projects and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity if you're currently at Manager/Assistant Manager in practice, and have been looking to move in house.
- Ensure local transfer pricing documentation requirements are met in European jurisdictions by liaising with local staff;
- Take ownership of outsourced compliance process for Europe, managing advisers and improving workflow/processes to increase efficieny;
- Manage HMRC relationship;
- Involvement in tax audits as required;
- Assessing current tax risk structure, framework and policies, make and implement agreed upon changes to tax risk policies;
- Assist on tax structuring projects, planning, and involvement in due diligence;
- Maintain awareness of legislative changes across Europe and advise business accordingly;
- Ad hoc VAT queries.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CTA, or equivalent experience);
- Tax lawyers also welcomed;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, make commercial decisions;
- UK and International tax experience managing compliance processes;
- Understanding of tax risk, structuring, due diligence processes and willingness to learn;
- VAT experience not required, but willingness to get involved when needed;
- Strong personality with an ability to work in a team and autonomously.
If this sounds interesting, apply now to arrange a conversation. It will be well suited to someone looking to make their first or second move in house and work in a role that's properly mixed tax, while not being too hands on from a compliance perspective. Tax Managers - apply today.