Our client is a multinational communications business with more than 7,000 employees across 38 countries. They now require a European Direct & Indirect Tax Specialist to join their busy team.
- Manage & coordinate indirect tax related activities - including tax & diary planning, tax compliance reporting and monitoring to ensure 100% compliance.
- Gain knowledge of transfer pricing, assist with tax litigations, internal customer support, and regulatory support - for the organization and its various subsidiaries across Europe region.
- Assist with devising long term tax strategies & compliance arrangements for the organization (including external advisors) and implement them in a cost efficient manner to ensure tax certainties & minimize risk exposure.
- Ensure timely and correct payment of Indirect & Direct Tax, filing of direct and indirect tax returns, WHT compliance in the respective entities and taking credit of the same against the Tax liabilities where possible. Plan and review the assessments/audits of tax liability by the tax authorities in the respective countries. Study, examine & advise with respect to tax implications of strategic/expansion decisions & new projects of company.
- Help to present periodic reports related to tax planning and strategy review to tax management. Learn to develop efficient transaction /contract structures in deals through finance due diligence and assessment of tax benefits.
Key Requirements include:
- Demonstrates a level of flexibility in resolving problems/issues that at least to in-depth command of all techniques, processes, tools and standards, within the relevant field of specialisation.
- Able to identify problems and significantly improve, change or adapt existing methods.
- Qualified accountant (or equivalent)