Our client is a US Multinational technology business based in London. They now require an EMEA VAT Accountant to join their busy London team.
Working within a dedicated VAT team this role will assist with ensuring that the business units and legal entities are compliant with internal and external VAT reporting requirements and VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and payment requirements, in a timely and accurate manner. The role also involves providing VAT advice to business units and staff; and contributing to improvements in VAT systems and processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the migration of companies’ VAT functions in EMEA from Business Units into the Corporate Tax Function.
- Reconciliation preparation
- VAT returns preparation
- VAT returns review
- VAT returns finalization
- Query Handling
- VAT advisory
Key requirements include:
- Strong VAT technical skills, with focus on EMEA.
- Desirable VAT (within Practice or Commerce)
- Technical accounting ability
- Familiarity with cross-border transactions is essential
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant or Qualified by experience (vat environment), or VAT / Tax qualifications
This is a Key role in managing and improving the EMEA VAT compliance function for a US based multinational group, and providing VAT advice / support to Business Units and the EMEA Corporate Tax functions. You will gain exposure to many areas of the business and senior finance officers.
This an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skills in EMEA VAT, building cross border relations and establishing themselves within a high profile environment.