Divisional Financial Controller
Our client is a highly successful, innovative and rapidly expanding IT business specialising in providing sophisticated and data-driven solutions to the e-gaming industry. The group has increased significantly in size in recent years through acquisitions and organic growth and now operates from 12 offices worldwide. Following recent private equity investment they are looking to continue their rapid international expansion.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Divisional Financial Controller to support an area responsible for the technology road map across the whole Group. It is the largest employer of the group and the most complex in terms of accounting. The role will be based out of London but will require some initial travel across Europe and interaction with the Group’s local finance teams.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience with a top accounting firm, be qualified (ACA or equivalent) and have worked in a similar industry for a minimum of 5 years. They will be able to demonstrate previous experience with accounting for R&D and development projects, monitoring and analysis of development costs and have a good understanding of capital allocation budgeting. In addition the successful candidate will have had previous experience with the month end reporting process, revenue and cost analysis, budgeting and cash flow management and be a motivated and hard-working individual with meticulous attention to detail and ability to work under strict timeline and pressure within a small team of likeminded individuals.
Salary of £60-80,000 plus discretionary bonus of up to 20% of gross salary (in line with experience).
- Reports directly to the Group FC and dotted line to the Divisional MD
- Responsible for cost reporting and relevant analysis (payroll, office lease costs, facilities management etc.)
- Responsible for detailed revenue reporting including flash revenue estimates
- Responsible for monitoring and producing reports on specific development projects within the Division and on the return on investment generated by such projects
- Budgeting and Forecasting for specific projects for the Division
- Support FP&A team in production of annual divisional budgets and forecasts
- Managing monthly invoicing to external customers
- Ensuring revenue recognition approach to new & existing contracts is in line with Group policy
- Revenue recognition and analysis for the division
- Review of Monthly Statutory P&Ls, Balance sheets and supporting information
- Production of divisional statutory reporting (including all the subsidiaries in the division) and detailed variance analysis against budget / forecast.
- Production of the MI report for the division including detailed KPI reporting
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Working with the MD of the business unit on specific investment/business cases
- Mapping and improving local accounting controls and processes
- Monthly review of divisional results with Senior Management
- Overseas implementation of new accounting software/ERP system.
- Management of UK accounts assistant and overseas accounting teams